HK RecCare Summer Camp
Registration opens on 5/1/21!
Monday – Friday, June 21st – August 13th (No 7/5) at the HK HS Complex. Camp will be mainly outdoors (we will have use of space inside for inclement weather).
There are 8 weekly sessions with 4 options:
- CAMP ONLY (9:00 – 3:30 pm)
- EXTENDED AM (7:30 – 3:30 pm)
- EXTENDED PM (9:00 – 5:00 pm)
- FULL-DAY CAMP (7:30 – 5:00 pm)
The program meets rain or shine. Activities include: sports, games, arts & crafts, special events, wacky Wednesdays, ice cream truck, & weekly themes. Please send your child with a pencil case size container for arts & crafts supplies as well as a water bottle, lunch and snacks.
There are no daily sign-ups. Non-Residents may register for an additional fee!
Camp Discovery is for kids entering Grades 1 & 2.
Camp Adventure is for kids entering Grades 3 & 4.
Camp Explorers is for kids entering Grades 5, 6, 7, 8.
Pick-up and Drop-off Location for all camps is from 7:30 – 9:15 am and 3:15 – 5:00 pm in the cafeteria lobby.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
TRAVEL: Please note that the CDC and DPH are discouraging any non-essential travel to reduce the risk of cross contamination in and among communities. VRHS is asking individuals and families to be mindful of the travel recommendations and be considerate that everyone’s level of risk tolerance for exposure is different. In person learning is our priority and as a community we need to protect our ability to remain in the classroom.
CT Travel Recommendation
The HK Recreation Department will be following the guidelines and protocols issued by the CDC as well as the OEC in order to provide a safe summer camp experience.
- Staff and Kids will be screened upon entering. They will not be allowed to attend if showing any symptoms.
- If your child has shown any symptoms within the last 10 days or has been around anyone who has shown symptoms, please do not send them to camp. Of upi Staff If People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.
- If your child has been identified as a close contact, they will not be allowed to attend camp for the duration of their quarantine period even with a
negative PCR or Antigen test.
- Drop-off and pick-up will be from 7:30 – 9:15 am and 3:15 – 5:00 pm in the cafeteria lobby.
- Group sizes will be no more than 20 kids and each group will be in separate areas within each camp. Kids will be put in the same group each week. We will do our best to group together kids by grades/genders. There will be no mixing of groups.
- Register early as space will be limited.
- Counselors, staff and campers will wear masks. There will be mask breaks throughout the day.
- All areas will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- Good hygiene will be reinforced to staff and children with regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout the day.
- There will be a designated “sick area” if any child comes down with COVID-19 symptoms while at camp and that child must be picked up ASAP.
- HK Recreation will keep on top of new guidelines that come out as they change often.
- Week 1 (6/21 – 6/25): Superheroes & Villains
- Week 2 (6/28 – 7/2): Camping Trip
- Week 3 (7/6 – 7/9): All Holidays
- Week 4 (7/712 – 7/16): Field Day
- Week 5 (7/26 – 7/30): Hocus Pocus
- Week 6 (8/2 – 8/6): Sand & Sea
- Week 7 (8/9 – 8/13): Life-Size Board Games
- 6/23 – Hero or Villain Dress-Up
- 6/30 – Hilarious Hat Day
- 7/7 – Dress to Express your Favorite Holiday
- 7/14 – Silly Socks
- 7/21 – Halloween Dress-Up (Trick or Treat)
- 7/28 – Zoo Animal Dress-Up
- 8/4 – Silly Sunglasses
- 8/11s – Crazy Hair Day
Camp Discovery – Gr. 1 & 2
- All field trips are not happening at this time
Camp Adventure – Gr. 3, 4
- All field trip are not happening this time
Camp Explorers – Gr. 5, 6, 7 & 8
- All field trips are not happening at this time
Due to COVID-19 and the strict guidelines with staff ratios (2 staff to 10 kids) as well as minimum wage increase, we have had to raise fees.
Non-Residents: Please add $10.00 per week per child. There is a $25 late fee if registering after the Wednesday preceding the week you want to attend
and $35 late fee if registering the 1st day of camp. There will be no refunds 72 business hours before camp begins.
Option 1: Camp Only (9:00-3:30 pm)
- $140 per week
- *Pro-Rated: 7/6 – 7/9 is $112
Option 2: Extended AM or Extended PM (7:30 am – 3:30 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- $180 per week
- *Pro-Rated: 7/6 – 7/9 is $144
Option 3: Full-Day Camp (7:00 am-6:00 pm)
- $200 per week
- *Pro-Rated: 7/6 – 7/9 is $160